Friday, November 30, 2007

Episode # 6 Blood & Sand


The Blood & Sand is a recent discovery for me. I had read about it in several blogs and was intrigued by the combination of ingredients. It uses several very nice ingredients: Cherry Heering , Carpano Antica, and Orange Juice. Any cocktail made with freshly squeezed orange juice has to be two things: sweet and good. This one is both. I am also convinced that every cocktail I make that contains Carpano Antica is unstoppable. It was money well spent having that bottle shipped to my house. Finally, the Blood & Sand is another of the great cocktails that contains equal proportions of all its ingredients. That makes a drinker very happy late in the evening when the buzz is starting to take hold. Make this one and check out the color, it is half the fun. You will see where it gets its name.


Ingredients:
1 oz. The Famous Grouse Scotch
1 oz. Cherry Heering
1 oz. Carpano Antica Vermouth
1 oz. Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice

Method:
1. Add all ingredients to ice-filled cocktail shaker.
2. Shake vigorously for about 20-seconds.
3. Strain into cocktail glass.

Music: John Coltrane "Spiral"

1 comment:

aerportman said...

Hey dude, i really like your videos. I've seen blood and sand in a lot of my bar books and never had the guts to try it out, but seeing you make it makes me want to make it!