Saturday, December 8, 2007

Episode # 11 Triple Threat Martini


Let’s get one thing straight, I have never been the biggest fan of the Martini. To me, I never saw the point of taking gin or vodka and drinking it straight (in a fancy glass). However, over the years I have seen people get rather sophisticated with this cocktail. Since becoming familiar with Carpano Antica vermouth recently, I found this to be the perfect opportunity to play around with this cocktail. Although still rather traditional, I believe this version of the drink lends itself a little better to the casual drinker who may need a little more flavor than just pure alcohol. That is not to say this is a fruity or easily palatable drink, either. Rather I find this to be a perfect balance of the two. If you like your martini dirty, simply save a bit of the olive juice and add just enough to coat the bottom of the glass.


Ingredients:
2 oz. Gin
1 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Dry Vermouth
1/2 oz. Carpano Antica Vermouth
Olive(s)

Method:
1. Add all ingredients to ice filled cocktail shaker.
2. Shake for at least 20 seconds.
3. Strain ingredients into cocktail glass.
4. Garnish with olive(s).

Music: Art Pepper "Imagination"

No comments: