Thursday, November 22, 2007

Episode # 4 Pisco Torrontes


First off, I realize that I’m not very clear on what Jamie Boudreau’s role is at Vessel, but that’s because I’ve never asked him or been to his bar. So for all intents and purposes, we’ll call him the owner. On his site, called Spirits & Cocktails (see ‘other sites’ to the left here) his idea for a drink called Inca Gold made me want to create a similar cocktail with the ingredients I had lying around my kitchen. The Pisco Torrontes uses one of my favorite white wines: Pannotia Torrontes. I recently had a glass at a friend’s dinner party and it was the highlight of the evening for me. Therefore, when I saw the Inca Gold recipe from Jamie, I immediately thought of the Torrontes as a perfect match with the Pisco. Your parents are going to like this one.

Ingredients:
2 oz. Pannotia Torrontes
1 oz. Pisco
1 oz. Pama Liqueur
1/4 oz. Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
1/2 oz. Simple Syrup (50:50)
6 drops Fee Brothers Peach Bitters

Method:
1. Add all ingredients to ice-filled cocktail shaker.
2. Shake vigorously for about 20-seconds.
3. Strain into cocktail glass.

Music: Thelonius Monk "I Surrender, Dear"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am excited to see pisco all over the place. It is very interesting and exciting to see how colossal Pisco is becoming. We would love to hear about your diverse recipes for Pisco. We have a recipe submissions page on our site. For more information, please visit us at www.incaspirits.com.

Inca Gold Pisco